Morning! 10am and I’ve already had 7 portions of raw fruit and veg!!! day 5 into the transform in 30 days and how do I feel?…. well….younger!!!! (spring in my step, lighter, more alert and smiley).
I have taken to the blended meal for breakfast and lunch with no problems … but have tweaked my recipe, opting for a bit of heat in the mix, as it is winter now. I found by adding warmed water and a bit of ginger or chilli, I’ve discovered a real comforting blend that works for me. It usually contains berries ( bought frozen but thawed before use) baby spinach leaves, curly kale leaves, orange, banana, ginger and warm water….along with my plant protein powder and fruit and veg capsules.
Absolutely without a doubt i feel fantastic!! The fact that I have that much nutrition servicing my body HAS to be good. I haven’t had any detox symptoms in making the change, but I guess that is down to incremental changes I have made in the last 9 months taking wholefood fruit and veg capsules. I don’t want to sound too cocky though …….25 days to go!
Why Transform 30?
This programme involved a nice portion of common sense as regards what a person like me ( a busy mum without an avid excerise regime) could handle.
1. I can blend the whole foods instead of juicing ( time factor in cleaning juicers and waste in throwing away the pulp of the food.
2. I didnt have to cut food altogether …. like a juice fast, that is too big a change to get my head around!
3. Its not focused on weightloss … but rather lifestyle / health changes. Weightloss if needed being a by product as opposed to a goal.
4. Its origin comes from a mum and biochemist Dr. Mitra Ray whom I’ve grown to respect over the months since establishing family wholefood health.
5. This program is in alignment with everything I believe to be true on healthy eating. My preference being to abolish processed food altogether in favour of fresh wholefood produce.
Apart from my eating plan, I need to excericise for 40 minutes 3/4 days in the week. I kick started this yesterday with a 7km brisk walk with my accountability partner ( someone to bounce ideas off, joins arms with, encourage and support, and meet up for excerise….highly recommended!
So that’s it for today! If your still wondering what all the fuss is about eating non-processed food in favour of fresh wholefood watch fat, sick and nearly dead. Its a documentary about an aussie guy who decides after a health scare to drastic change his lifestyle for 60 days!
ps: have you ever made your own fresh peanut butter? check out my recipe 🙂